As 2016 comes to a close, we are reflecting on the past year and our productive partnerships with low-income families across the country and feeling many things:
- Grateful for friends and supporters, like you, who have chosen to join us in this movement.
- Inspired by the incredible, tangible progress the 2,000 low-income families now enrolled in FII have made through their own initiative, making for a better life for themselves and their children.
- Uncertain what challenges the coming years will bring to our country and how it will affect individuals, families, and communities.
- Deeply resolved and dedicated to the movement our families are creating to shift the negative stereotypes of low-income families that have become so prevalent in the news, politics, and everyday talk over the past year.
Together, FII, its families, and its supporters are giving power to people to determine their own path to prosperity. And you play a fundamental role in giving families the resources they need to pursue that path.
Make a gift today to invest in prosperity for all, and show our FII families that we stand by them.
- Families such as Tomé’s from FII–Boston. Last year, he received a zero-fee, zero-interest loan from FII to pay off high-interest debt, and joined a formal lending circle through our partnership with Mission Asset Fund. He was reaching for a long-held dream: home ownership. With encouragement from other FII families and hard work to repair his credit, Tomé woke up in his family’s own, new house for the first time on January 1, 2016.
We believe that the way forward is to continue to support this incredible movement of individuals, families, and communities who are self-organizing, and who are helping and uplifting one another.
Join us to further our movement by spreading the word about FII’s proven model and how it’s making a real difference.
Let’s move forward, together. Let’s lift up the creativity and contributions of low-income families. Let’s be the best of America.
Thanks for all you do.